A special combination of herbs is designed according to the Prakruti (body type), disease state and strength of the patient. These herbs help to expel vitiated Dosha toxins through vomiting. An Ayurvedic doctor / Therapist assists the patient and carefully monitors the procedure to avoid unwanted complications.
Benefits of Vamana
- Helps to cure diseases originating from vitiated Kapha dosha
- Improves Digestion
- Improves Metabolism
- Improves Strength, stamina and immunity
- Improves Fertility and Sexual power
- Improves complexion and gives clarity of mind
Indications of Vamana
Vamana is indicated in diseases of Kapha pre dominance.
- Frequent and Chronic Cough and Cold
- Recurrent Sinusitis
- Bronchial Asthma
- Chronic Allergic conditions
- Skin diseases like Psoriasis, Vitiligo
- Psychological problems
After a successful Vamana treatment, the ayurvedic doctor advises a special diet for a period of 3 to 5 days depending upon the status of detoxification. Since Vamana cleanses the body, the patient’s digestive capacity is reduced completely and hence a very light diet is advised until digestive capacity regains normalcy.