Nasyam is divided into four types dependent on the type of medicine used.
- Navana Nasya: Medicated oil nose drops
- Avapidana Nasya: Herbal concoction nose drops
- Pradhamana Nasya: Finely powdered herbs – to be snorted.
- Dhuma nasya: Fumes of medicinal herbs – to be inhaled.
Benefits of Nasyam
- Healthy hair and hair growth.
- Protects the person from diseases pertaining to head.
- Increases sense organs of the head.
- Healthy eyes, nose and ear
- Prevents the early greying of hair.
- Prevents early aging.
- Reduces congestion in head and sinuses
- Reduces sensitivity of nasal mucosa which in turn helps to treat allergic nasal conditions.
Indications of Nasyam
- Recurrent and chronic sinusitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis
- Allergic nasal conditions
- Bell’s palsy (facial paralysis)
- Stiffness of neck, jaw
- Hoarseness of voice
- Nasal polyps
- Drooping eyelids
- Speech disorders